Sometimes people ask me: “How do you make it as a successful writer? Where does your inspiration come from? HOW IS YOUR GENIUS SAUSAGE MADE?!” So here’s a look behind the scenes, at my process. Copyright Lizzy Acker. You’re welcome.
- My legs itched for two years. I thought it was the lotion I was using.
Then another lotion. Then my pants. Then the air. Then I thought it was normal.
- I thought, “Maybe I just get hives now??”
- I thought, “There is no possible way I have bedbugs.”
- The leg itching followed me from San Francisco to Portland.
My bed, and the wooden pallet a friend has given me which made me feel SO GROWN UP BECAUSE MY MATTRESS WAS NO LONGER ON THE FLOOR, also followed me.
- During this two year period, I was the only person who slept in my bed for any longer than one night in…
View original post 442 more words